Hall Of Treasure
Completed in 1679, the Theological Hall is one of 2 decorated library halls located in the Strahov Monastery, Prague. Architect Giovanni Dominik Orsi created the hall and ceiling stuccos in the Baroque fashion.
A pioneering system of inscriptions and illustrations above the shelves indicate the department and specific type of books below. Astronomical and terrestrial globes accent the racks, which contain close to 18,000 books primarily on theology.
Ceiling frescoes painted in the 1720's by Siard Nosecký depict humanity's disposition towards literature, complemented by Biblical quotations in Latin. The paintings, volumes and thousands of editions of Bibles truly make this a hall of priceless treasure.